Thursday, November 20, 2008

Big Girl Bed


Well, so it's not exactly a BIG girl bed, but she slept in her own crib ALL night for the first time last night. The first two kids slept on their own from the first night we brought them home, but I knew that Lydia would have to sleep nearby because I need every extra minute of sleep I can get. The problem was, she was actually keeping me awake with all her little grunts and squeaks. I'd sit up, peek over, make sure she didn't need to be rewrapped, or a pacifier popped in her mouth. I remember the comment from some wise mama before Alexia was born. Put them in their crib, turn off the stinkin' monitor and you will hear them when they cry for something they really need. Well, the monitor stayed on (low) but I slept very well until she needed to eat which was 1:30 and not again until 6:30. Now, that's a great schedule for a 3 week old, and I'll take it any day, but, I am not holding out any hope on that continuing. She's going back to her room tonight!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

cant wait to hear and read more about your precious baby

Valarie said...

She is so precious! Congratulations!! I'm with the advice that you got. Don't bother with monitors. If it's serious enough, you'll hear them. I'm so happy for you.

K. said...

Sorry- haven't checked in a while so I am slow to congratulate you! She is SO beautiful. God bless.

xo
Kerrie

Anonymous said...

Wow. Yay for you.
Krisanna isn't loving her crib, but she'll have to get used it eventually... Emilyn talks to her too much I think if she's in there!!
You've been blogging a lot lately. I need to catch up on ours.
She's a cutie!
Love ya'll,
Cherilyn

Anonymous said...

PS pretty cribset. I remember you telling me I wouldn't really need a crib bumper (a kid or two ago). Finally, I am not using one...but I still have one in the closet just in case.
They are cute. =)

Aunt Cherilyn