Thursday, April 17, 2008

We make plans...

...and God laughs. This is what my ultrasound tech said smiling as she pointed out the growing little one now in my womb. Yes folks, our household had a big blow to our man made plans a few weeks ago when I discovered I was pregnant. My mom's term for it was a "God override." Our 3rd child will come not from China as we thought "she" would, but delivered at my hospital a few miles from home. As of right now, we are still in the adoption que and have not changed those plans. I just can't quite say "four" and "children" together yet - I still need some time! But we are all happy and expectant of our new family member to come.


FAQ's - Yes, we will find out what we are having.
Yes, the kids are excited (Alexia was in a little shock too)
Due date - Nov 3rd
Erik took it much better than I did!
I am feeling pretty good - just a tad nauseous and very tired
Yes, I still fear having fraternal twins (even after the ultrasound showing one)
No, no maternity stuff left, newborn stuff gone as well...I should have known.

So, fellow bloggers, do I have to change my blog title? I certainly have to change up my description!




15 comments:

Emily said...

WOO-HOO!! So exciting. Now Caleb will have a sibling born in the US like him, and Alexia will have a sibling born overseas like her. Turns out the 4th corner was in Georgia all along. :) Can't wait to hear more!

Unknown said...

Congrats! God laughs at our plans all the time!

Ashley said...

wow, that is so excititng!! Congratulations!
:) Ashley

Angie said...

WOW! How exciting! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and will be praying for an easy pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you came to face the reality enough to post it. =) I'm glad our babies will be close in age--cousins!!!
Didn't you bring any of Katy's maternity clothes?
Now we'll both have 2 born in the US, one born in Europe and one in Asia...unless God surprises one of us with a journey abroad and we deliver, eh? Ok. bad thought.
Can't wait to learn the gender...
Aunt Cherilyn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We are soooo excited for you guys:):) What an awesome surprise:) Children truly are such amazing gifts from our Father....We look forward to keeping up with your journey through this blog.
Love you guys,
David and Kristen

Gail said...

Congratulations Christine!!! So happy for you...yes when we make plans in this life, God can kick in a big surprise. A happy one at that. :)

Tymm said...

wow! Congratulations!!!

Pete said...

Just sooooo happy for you guys!
Julie & Pete

mandt said...

Congratulations! How exciting! An autumn baby! Can't wait to meet the whole family. I just saw Kristin and David yesterday at the soccer field and they didn't say a word. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Mimi said...

Of course Mimi is excited about MORE grandchildren!!! This time last year, I thought I was not going to have any "babies" to hold again...now I have MUCH to look forward to...along with enjoying all the "growing ones"!!! It is an everchanging experience as these "little ones" become "bigger ones"..just more ways to love them all!!!Thank you, Lord!

Brandi said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Wishing you a very easy pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful! It seems like Caleb was just born yesterday!

K. said...

hooooooooooray! best wishes!

Anonymous said...

I just heard your news from my dad who had run into your parents at church today. Congratulations!!! How exciting!!!