Thursday, March 5, 2009

In Search For a Daddy Tie

Caleb loves to dress like his daddy. Early on, white undershirts became known as "daddy shirts" because daddy wore them. Then a button up dress shirt was also known as a "daddy shirt" because he saw daddy wear them to work every day. This daddy "stuff" has now moved into other areas - daddy's chips, daddy's cereal. Sometimes I ask him what he wants for breakfast and he asks me back " what did daddy have?"
One day he piped up that he wanted a "daddy tie, a yellow one. " The search was on. Major department stores did not have them, a suit store did not have them, kids boutiques did not have them - where to find one??? I was at our church's consignment sale two weekends ago and there it was! A clip-on "yellowish" daddy tie! For $1 no less!! Thank you Lord, you can't pass that up and here he is looking and acting like his daddy.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Caleb, you are JUST AS HANDSOME as Daddy, and are a "snazzy" dresser, too!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Betty says....You are VERY handsome in your "Daddy" shirt and tie, Caleb...Next time I see you, I want one of those hugs Mimi is always telling me about!

Unknown said...

Oh, he looks too stinkin' cute!

Stephanie said...

Oh my word! I just love this picture - it is TOO CUTE!

Michelle said...

And let me tell you, the adoration a little boy feels for their daddy just gets bigger and bigger... Michael can do no wrong in this household! At least I have my dog!

Angie said...

Mr. Caleb looks so cute with his daddy tie! One of my boys is a total daddy freak...I love it! However, the other one is a mama's boy and I really love that!!! :)