Sunday, May 6, 2007

Happy Nurses Day!

I know, for most of you, one of the more obscure holidays that is celebrated. But, nevertheless, a happy day for us nurses to be recognized by our employers for a tiring job well done.
I can't complain though. Out of all the nursing jobs, mine ranks up there with the cushiest! I work in an outpatient cardiac setting. No nights, no weekends, no holidays or call. Our patients for the most part are very kind and sweet. We are thanked - so I can't say I am in a thankless job. Not that I haven't been. I have worked in units where you work your can off just to have a patient - (or more often family member) bite your head because of their displaced stress.
I love my job even though I actually work very little. I am thankful to God for throwing it in my lap when I wasn't looking!! I loved my nursing school. I love the options there are in my field. It is truly a GREAT profession to belong to. So, to end, I would like to shout out to all my co-workers, all my other nursing friends and to my relatives that are/ have been in this field as well - Happy Nurses Day - to my MIL -Nancy, Grandma Brown (who always has awesome stories of "back when", Grandma Judy, and Uncle Roger.

4 comments:

Angela and Jay said...

Happy Nurses Day! My mom is a nurse and so was my grandmother. It's a wonderful profession!

Mimi said...

How nice of you to include Nurse's Day in your blog! Happy Day to you, too!

Janie said...

Happy Nurse's Day - I have learned many times over that the nurses do the real work in a hospital :-)

(This is Rebecca's sister - I have surfed over from her Blog)

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Nurse's Day! The work that you do is so very important and so appreciated.