Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mimi and Papa Jacques

Well, I don't have any pictures at the moment, but we have been enjoying a visit from Erik's mom and step dad the past few days. The kids will keep "enjoying" them as we head to CA for our anniversary trip tomorrow.
Yesterday we had a nice little BBQ at my parents house while the kids ran in the sprinkler (yes that violates the water ban) but they had fun. After a long afternoon, we took the kids to the pool for the first time this season. It was pretty cold, daddy (Erik) was the only adult to brave it for their sake. They didn't want out which means they still love swimming.
Today Alexia and I went out and got our nails done. She has been asking for time "without Caleb" so I figured we should do something before we left. She got cute little flowers on each finger! She went to the pool again and got too cold and came home, bundled up and requested "warm water" to drink- yuck!! But she drank it!
My brother came home yesterday from Iraq which was an appropriate day to return. He will once again be home for a month before returning again. sigh...
It's going to be hard leaving my kiddos tomorrow - Alexia has already guilt triped me and Caleb doesn't know what's coming. I keep having to tell myself "It will be fun!!" More about that later when we return...

4 comments:

Cher said...

Jaci would be so jealous if she saw Alexia's nails! Jaci and I have an agreement that when she stops sucking her fingers, we will polish her nails. She said she might stop sucking them (at night) when she turns 5. Here's hoping!

Cher

mandt said...

Have a great trip! I'm not very good at going anywhere without our kids either, but you know they will be in the hands of people who love them as much as you do. Remember: Have fun!!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great anniversary trip! We'll miss you at First Friday.

Angela and Jay said...

Wow, you guys have been busy!! We hope that you have a great time in California and hope to see you at the next First Friday. :-)