Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First Day of School - Take Two!


It was only a month into her new school and we had an opportunity to get Alexia into a small private school that I've had my eyes on for some time now, so we took it. Alexia started MCCS yesterday and has transitioned great. **For you locals, it was nothing against CHE, we just thought this was better for us at this time.**
Alexia already had a friend in her class who met us at Dunkin Doughnuts for a special first day breakfast and showed her how to get to the class from carpool. Her teacher is extremely energetic (she has to be - she has 4 boys) and Alexia is drawn to her magnetic personality. We are thankful to have her there where she can learn about God and Christian basics. I will be glad to have her home earlier (7 1/2 hour days were killing her). Anyway, I think she looks adorable in her new uniform that she loves wearing!

12 comments:

Mimi said...

I LOVE your uniform, "Buddy"! So glad things went well for your 2nd "First Day in Kindergarten"! Hooray for "Dunkin Donuts", too!
Love you!

Snowflowers Mum said...

oooh I love 'schooliforms'!

Glad you were able to find just the right place for Alexia! I have my eyes open for just the right place for Piper too...she's in forst year pre-school but it's never too early to look!

Hayley

Emily said...

That really IS a cute uniform! Mmmm...Dunkin Donuts sounds so good right now. :)

mandt said...

I love the uniform! My neice is in the Fulton County Science Academy and looks adorable in hers too. I know you (and Alexia) will love the shorter days and Christian atmosphere. Nathan is in a 1/2 day Christian kindergarten but no uniforms. :( They're so cute.

Anonymous said...

You look so "Ivy League" little Miss Alexia.
You look so grown up!

Love, Aunt Cherilyn

Unknown said...

I am glad this worked out. She looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

I almost gave up on your blog since you had not posted in like two weeks.

Unknown said...

Who left that last post - was that you Laura H??

Shelley Howerton said...

NOOOOO!! I would never give up on you for not posting for two weeks!!! I didn't post the whole summer. VERY curious about CHE.... Email me!!!!

Laura

Angela and Jay said...

She looks so cute! Glad that things are working out and hope to see you soon!

Angie said...

She looks adorable! I am glad that the new school worked out and that you feel more comfortable with it. I have always thought that whole day kindergarten was a long time for 5 year olds.

Anonymous said...

Alexia- You look so cool! I wish I could've had a uniform like that. I hope you make some great friends this year.
Love- Whitney (for Trey, Madeline, and Sean)