Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Snail and the Arthur Show

What do you think will happen when my snail ticker at the top of this page reaches the end of his rope? Can I get a new one that might seem to move a little more quickly?





I watched with my daughter the much anticipated Arthur cartoon about his friend adopting a baby sister from China this week. I actually got really caught up with a kids' cartoon that was so relevant to our situation. Arthur's friend Binky was very excited to get his sister and had his bags packed the next day. It went through a lot of familiar situations like all the paper work, the excitement of mailing it all off, and even making the 100 Good Wishes Quilt (which I received 5 squares for mine today!). However, my heart sank a little bit when 15 minutes into the program they get their referral. That's not fair I thought - what about the wait, don't the animated figures have to wait like us too?
All in all it was a good little program. My daughter loves Arthur, so it was nice to have something to identify with on her level. If your interested in it - check your local PBS listings for a few more broadcasts this week and in the future.

5 comments:

Cher said...

Glad they had that show. I'm always happy to see more shows on adoption and the process, esp. for kids so they understand it better.
I look forward to seeing what the snail does, too! That's funny. I wouldn't have thought of that. Maybe he flips to the bottom and crawls back from right to left. Ha.

Cher

Emily said...

That's really cool that they have a cartoon about that!!

Angela and Jay said...

I read about the Arthur show in Adoptive Families magazine. I'm looking forward to seeing the show.

The "King of Queens" series finale was also about Chinese Adoption. It was totally off base. Don't watch it. You'll be highly annoyed!

Shelley Howerton said...

We have seen this episode twice!! My boys giggle when the new sister throws food at Binky. Then Binky proceeds to spit at her, which she in turns spits back. Now they like to try this spitting game with baby sister. THANKS ARTHUR!!!!

Angie said...

My ladybug ticker is moving at the same speed. Maybe we should trade them in for some cheetahs??!

I haven't seen the Arthur show...sounds cute though!