Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Matches Made


There were four days worth of matches made this past month. To be nice, I wish all the new families my blessings and I am truly happy that they have received the official announcement of their new child. On the other hand, I can't believe that I even expect any more than than a few days each month. I mean, that's the norm now. I keep wanting to write my many thought on the massive slow down that has faced us in this adoption but I get a little too fed up with it say say anything worthwhile. Why do I still remain optimistic that we will even receive our daughter? I can only believe that it's because I believe God has a plan for us and her and it's for us to be together one day. But WHEN??? I feel like I am cheering on a crippled turtle that barely looks like it's getting anywhere at all. FOUR DAYS WORTH?? At least they are moving quickly in the review room. They have reviewed the dossiers through June 2006 so only a few more months until we hopefully pass through.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We agree. This was hard to take. We keep thinking that NEXT month they'll speed up. We have faith, but so many quiuestions...

Mimi said...

But...we know that God is sovereign, and he knows the plan...we CAN rest in that! We can't trust the officials, the Chinese government, etc , etc, but we CAN trust in Him! Lord, give these families a visible sign of hope!!

mandt said...

I remain hopeful that there will be a speed up in the future. Call me crazy. Hang in there LID buddy.

Emily said...

I agree with "Mimi" and second her prayer!

Katy said...

Hey Sis,
Sorry that it was another slow month and that everything seems so far away... Hang in there and thanks for keeping us updated on the process, frustrations and all. We're continuing to pray for y'all our little niece we've never met...we can't wait for that matching day -whenever it is!

Snowflowers Mum said...

it's insane.

there's no way to sugar coat it...it is what it is...insane! I cannot believe in a world where there is over 2 million orphans and abandoned children, and China having 20% of the worlds population...that there should be a hold up on finding families for these children...it's not just insane, it's obscene...it's not our discomfort, but the discomfort of the waiting children, and those who will get passed over in this ordeal.

Nothing we can do, nothing we can say...just pray.

Hayley

Cher said...

I'm sorry for this discouraging news. I'm praying for you and for our niece...
Love, Cher

Angie said...

I just keep telling myself that there has to be a speed up coming...right? Oh well at least a girl can dream. I am with you in the belief that God is in control and has a plan for us and our girls...I rest in that.

We need to get that little turtle to the orthopedic doctor so he can start moving quicker again...maybe even RUN!!! ;)