Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another sporatic post!

What have we been doing? Well, besides the move and unpacking boxes, we have been carving out a little bit of fun time. On Friday evening I got to actually meet a cyber -freind Angie, who is in the same time line of waiting that we are in for our China adoption. She was in town for her son's baseball tournament.

On Saturday we went to the state fair with the rest of the carni-folk. It has been solidified as an annual tradition now. There were turkey legs, funnel cakes, missing teeth, cheap rides and big bellies galore. But, the kids have fun and they now have their rides that they remember and "have" to ride each year. Alexia went on the big ferris wheel with daddy like always and Caleb chose the slippery tug boat ride. We were a little surprised that he wanted to venture to a bigger person ride, but with daddy by his side, he sported a big smile the whole time. Unfortunately we have pictures, but our connecting cord is missing at the moment so I can't download them - but they are cute!

Erik and I have both managed to NOT run out of gas here in GA thankfully. The lack of gas is amazing. I am conserving greatly and keeping my eye on the gas gauge and any stations that have gas on any given day. Erik had to wait in line for almost an hour a week ago to fill up at the only known station with gas that night. There are stories of people going out in the middle of the night trying to avoid the long lines only to find they still have to wait (sometimes for the gas truck itself). We are hoping it passes very quickly.

5 comments:

Emily said...

You look really pretty in that picture! The only way I've ever "known" you (in person) is when you were pregnant. :)

Angie said...

So glad to hear that the fair went well and that you haven't run out of gas yet...I'm getting close, very close! I had to laugh out loud at the missing teeth comment...I always say that about the fair! ;) I can't wait to see the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Fun! Cute photo with bump!!

Cherilyn

Gail said...

Very cool that you got to meet Angie! Hope you are settling in now, you look so pretty in the pic Christine. :)

mandt said...

How cool that you guys got to the opportunity to meet up! Well, looks like I waited too long for First Fridays. Just my rotten luck. Good luck with unpacking and getting ready for the new baby!