Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Let it Snow!

My neighbor called me this afternoon asking if I had looked out my window. Well no, but when she said "snow" I scrambled for the coats and shoes to usher the kids outside. I know all you northerners are laughing, but, this is all we get maybe once a year - so we gotta enjoy it if we get some. Besides, this was Caleb's first time seeing snow. Even Erik got in on the fun building a snowman when he came home from work! It looks like it will all be just ice and a regular school day tomorrow - darn!

Alexia enjoyed some snowball fights with dad and friends in the cul-de-sac


Daddy's snowman

The kids and our neighbor friend wanted to go "walking through the snow in the woods!!!" (I know it's pathetic!)


10 comments:

Mimi said...

Nice snowman, Daddy! You had to work fast I bet. You got lots of good photos. I will let you know if it snows this year in Florida. It was great talking to the excited kids who "had something to tell us"! Couldn't imagine what they were going to say....

Angie said...

Great pictures and what a cute snowman! My boys were like kids on Christmas Eve last night. They really thought that they were going to get a "snow day" today...no such luck, but it was fun while it lasted!

Emily said...

That looks like a lot of snow to me! I love the snowman.

Angela and Jay said...

How fun! Glad you were able to enjoy it for the short time we had it! The snowman is cute. :-)

Unknown said...

How fun! I love that you made a snowman!

Anonymous said...

How much fun! I am so glad the kids got a chance to play in the snow yesterday. It is a rare occasion that we get so much of it! Also, tell Alexia that I love her pink and Cheetah jacket – very sassy! :)

mandt said...

We were very excited too! Snow is a treat we don't get to enjoy often. This was Nathan's first snowfall too [flurries don't count;)] and he is almost 6. The boys' schools were closed today.

Michelle said...

Our poor little southern children! What a treat it was!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of snow to build that big of a snowman!!

We have tons more up here just awaitin' for you....
and by the way, do you shovel driveways, too?

Love,
Aunt Cherilyn

Snowflowers Mum said...

oh, that IS sad...bring em up north for a bit...then you will REALLY get to know snow!

H