Thursday, February 28, 2008

Where is That Button?



"I sick, I want candy" says Caleb. Umm...I don't know where that relation came about especially at 9 am but it didn't materialize even though he is under the weather right now. This ensued in 30 minutes of moaning and crying and the battle of wills began yet again. PS - I won. Didn't I just not too long ago post so proudly how sweet and cute my little boy is? Boy, they can turn on a dime. And just as quickly as it started, it completely stopped and he informed me he can't find his train (apparently the other 15 won't do.)

This leads me to ask the quesiton "Where is that magic on/off button that kids have?" Why haven't I found it somewhere on their body after 6 1/2 years of parenting? How do they get to it without us seeing them? Does it have a dimmer switch? That would really be cool. God has hidden it so well, it's part of His "sense of humor." But, I implore you, mothers of the world unite! We must find this button. Search your children now and get back to me so I can power down my son for a while so he (and I) can rest.

5 comments:

Susan and Dan said...

Hey Christine ...if we found that magic button then we wouldn't pass the parenting test!! Check out our speaker this FF, Hal Runkle... ScreamFree Parenting, awesome book and some really great ideas on how to parent these little rascals!!

Mimi said...

Ask his daddy where it is...I never found Erik's either...but, daddy should be around this weekend to at least help distract him, and relieve the "high intensity", right? Wish I was there to try to find it for you, but like I said...I never found one.

Unknown said...

I so look forward to that toddler/young child years! Work on finding that "Power" button so that I can be ahead of the game. :-)

Ashley said...

That is sort of like the commercial for the "easy" button. I heven't found that either, but then again, that would take all the fun out of trying to figure these clever little people out! No matter the age, they never cease to amaze and delight!

Anonymous said...

Well, if we found that one we could all be millionnaires! Too cute, though and a good way to find the humor in all situations.

Betty