Friday, March 14, 2008

Follow Up

As a follow up to my last post, I wanted to say thank you to all those that left kind words and e-mailed support. I am always thinking of what a funny little make-up of cyber-friends I have made in this blogging/adoption world.
Before I left, it was apparent that the verses I had been comforted with, (see below post) were divinely inspired. One of my MIL's friend's had written me that that passage was read to Jacques as he lay on his deathbed surrounded by his friends and family. It was also sited at his memorial. That was a wonderous thing to know that we as a family were being comforted by the same verses unknowingly and miles apart.
The trip down was fine with the kids thanks in part to my brother's wife Stephanie. She came over the night before loaded up with indiviually wrapped snacks of EVERY kind, new coloring books, a cooler full of Diet Cokes and juice boxes. She even brought over a yummy dinner from Macaroni Grill - so sweet! A neighbor stocked us up on "new to us" DVD's for the kids to stay glued to. So when we finally got to Orlando, we just had to roll the kids out of the car. A few days of running around with their cousins took care of all those extra calories. Even our dog was taken care of by our sweet friends who delivered excellent care including free pickup - haha!!
The week was busy- full of family, friends and endless tasks to get done. I was thankful for some quiet moments with my sister in law and mother in law. The memorial was beautiful. My husband spoke and sumed up Jacques life and transformation to the wonderful person he was. It was well attended as he and my mother in law are dear people and greatly loved.
I just wanted to follow up and speak to God's faithfulness to get me/us through a tough situation. Although we would have rather not had to make the trip for the reason, the logistics worked out smoothly.

4 comments:

Shelley Howerton said...

Chrissy,

Sorry, I haven't been blogging or reading others in a couple of weeks. So sorry to hear about your news. We are praying for you and your family!

Laura

mandt said...

I'm sorry I'm so late catching up on your blog. You are an inspiration in how you are handling your family's loss. It sounds like your father-in-law was a wonderful man to know. Wonderful verses.

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry for your families loss. Your "Sound of Music" moments were very touching to read about. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. I pray you are feeling God's love and comfort.

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you guys, even under the circumstances. It was a time of remembering and celebrating in many ways...
Even if sad...
You and Erik did SO much to make it what it was...thanks!!

Love, SIL Cherilyn