Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Am Here

I am here and alive.  I just am not able to get my pics to the blog site - so I will be sure to show them in a few more days.  I am having a great time but miss my own family.  The babies are so sweet,  I just can't put them down.  For the first few days, I just sat on the sofa holding a fussy one until they drifted off and before I knew it, they had taken a whole nap in my arms.  The nights are long and bring back memories that you try to forget after the first 3 months have passed.  My sister is nursing them, but last night there was too much demanding going on so I ended up giving one a bottle.  I usually end up with one in my room early in the morning.  They like to tag team cry, so if one is not there to pick up on the tag, the fussing ends and mommy gets to sleep for another hour.  

Other than that, we have taken a few walks around their new village they moved to recently.   The tulips are not ready to show their pretty blooms yet.  In fact, I arrived to snow which was peaceful on the countryside with the canals in between.  It snowed for a few days after that but since then has been the normal grey sky.  The church bells wake me up in the morning (okay wake me up the third time after the babies, but it sounds more picturesque) and I did venture over to see the windmill house down the road on the canal.  This village is small and walkable to most things as opposed to taking the bikes  -but you still see a lot of them.  The twin's stroller gains quite the attention, and surprised looks when they realize it's a boy and girl.  I must say, I have had to stay outside a few times with the babies and stroller because the small shops do not accomadate the wide load in tow!!  
   I have to mention my nephew Jesiah as well.  It is a tough thing to suddenly share mom and dad with two babies, but he is doing well.  He has spent most of his life in The Netherlands and it has cracked me up that there are a few words in our everyday language that he lacks.  For example, we were walking down the lane and he told his mom he wanted to sit on the chair that is by the road.  She didn't know what he was talking about until he pointed to the park bench facing the canal!!   Funny I thought. 
   Well, this turned lengthy.  I will just put up some pictures when I return without more words! 

 *and I am now going mad because blogger spell check is not working - sorry!    

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you are having a good time!! It's a wonderful thing being an aunt, knowing you will go home to your "quiet" "peaceful" home!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the other comment...
ummm...
so glad you are enjoying yourself...great to hear from you. I know your sissy will miss YOU and your help when you go...
I'm glad you've had this time together though...
Aunt Cherilyn

Angela and Jay said...

Enjoy your visit and looking forward to seeing pics. :-)

Ashley said...

What an amazing trip you are on!Have fun with the babies!

Emily said...

Wow it sounds beautiful. That's awesome that your sis is nursing both!! I can't wait to see pics.

Unknown said...

What an experience!