Wednesday, October 29, 2008

She's Here!

Some of you have already seen or heard the rumor...We have our little girl in our arms!
Lydia Kate is her name and she is well received by her loving siblings (and parents) already.

Stats:
born:Monday, October 27 at 7:30 pm
7 pounds 7 ounces
19 inches

Thankfully no complications with mama or baby! She did not have red hair as Alexia has prayed for, but a moderate amount brown fuzz.
The name Lydia, is taken from the Bible in Acts 16:13-15. She was a worshiper of God who had opened her heart to His message. She not only believed the message but was hopitable to the apostle Paul and those who had shared this truth with her and her household. Kate (as some of you guessed) is after my sister and best friend Kathryn. Speaking of her name, there were a few correct guesses as to her first name, but the first one was our friend Emily at "Not Home Yet". She was one of our summer workers when we were in Paris and it has been fun to continue to keep up with her life since then.

It is the sweetest thing to hold a newborn and feel their depenence. The main reason for the delay in posting her birth is that every free moment I just pick her up and try to savor the moment. Here are some snapshots of our sweet little girl.

11 comments:

Brandi said...

She's absolutely beautiful, Christine!

Congratulations & glad everything went well!

Donna said...

OH how precious! She is adorable :) Congrats!!

Emily said...

She is so sweet! And small! Is she the smallest of your babies?
I know I already emailed you, but I wanted to say again how much I LOVE the name Lydia!!

Katy said...

YEAH for new pictures on your blog!!!! I LOVE THEM and I don't blame you AT ALL for wanting to hold her instead of blogging. (But I am glad to finally have some more pictures, I love them all!) love aunt Katy!!

Anonymous said...

yay. Now I can finally post her photo on my blog. She looks like Emilyn's size was. Though Emilyn was a bit smaller, her look reminds me of her.

Love,Aunt Cherilyn

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We are happy that she is here, and that all is well. Enjoy every precious moment. Since you have been there, you know how fast the time goes. Can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Betty says....she is ADORABLE! Love all the pictures...especially the ones of Alexia and Caleb with her.

Love,
Aunt Betty

Rubber Ducky Chronicles said...

Oh my goodness! I hadn't checked your blog in a couple of days and what a great surprise! She is precious! Congratulations!

mandt said...

So cute! Congratulations!

Ashley said...

congratulations!! Her name is lovely, and she is absolutely beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Erik & Chrissy,
Adorable, sweet gift from God. You are blessed!
Aunt Marlene & Uncle Jeff