Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Accomplishment!!!


That is a BIG smile on my face. About a year ago Lydia exhibited signs of severe aversion to the Chick-fil-A cow. You know, the panic, screaming, hyperventilation, claw -someone -to -pieces -to get away type aversion. It's not so good when your dad sends out the cow each Tuesday night at dinner time. We thought cow-therapy would help. She only became scared of the room that the cow dressed up in, the cow handler, and yes, even some of our employees that were the cow (shh..don't tell Truett Cathy I'm saying all this). Our cow knew to avoid Lydia at all cost. Until tonight, something clicked she decided with a little safety of mom's arms, she would "high five" the cow. We did it over and over. Our workers were even happy to see this huge change of heart. She liked the soft feel of it's umm...hoof. And, even went back again to give it a goodbye five! I am curious if the love will continue. I guess we are safe to go to Disney and visit characters now huh?

5 comments:

Mimi said...

YAYYY for Lydia and the Cow! Don't think I would "assume" that the "like" would transcend other costumes in unfamiliar territory quite yet!

Auntie Chelle said...

WoooooHooooo, Lydia!!! I'm so glad to hear this!!! Wish I had been there!

Auntie Chelle said...

Ooops....forgot this ID had Auntie Chelle as the name...well, Erik said I'm like a sister...so, maybe I can adopt the kids too!! :-)

Anonymous said...

GREAT photo and yee-haw!! Way to persevere, Mama!

Auntie Cherilyn

Anonymous said...

Have you ever shown her "real" cows?