Tuesday, July 24, 2007

8 down

I thought that this was a cute little summer picture. I have no idea who these little boys are but they look determined to do something. Well, we are determined to keep hanging in there and waiting for our little girl. We have eight months of waiting behind us.

When we first started this whole process in the early spring of 2006, I was convinced that we would be traveling to China in August of 2007. Why then? Well, that was our projected referral time then, but most of all because I was SURE that I would have to travel during both my kids birthday and miss Alexia starting kindergarten. Well, no fear of that now - maybe next year!

I believe that God's timing is perfect though. With all of the craziness that our family has experienced this summer, there is NO WAY I could even fathom bringing in an adopted child. I have to believe that God is the master artist and knows what he is creating in us all both individually and as a family. So, as much as we think about having her here and want her here, I know that for some reason we are being kept apart a little longer than we'd like so that we may come together at just the right moment to create a beautiful masterpiece.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Happy 8 Months! Isn't it wonderful that He is in control of all of this and we can sit back and watch the masterpiece unfold.

mandt said...

Cute picture. Congrats on having those 8 months behind you.

Mimi said...

It will be worth the wait, won't it! Our Master, Creator is busy with his masterpiece, we can be sure of that!

Anonymous said...

You are so right! His timing is perfect. There was so much pain and difficulty before we got to our Jaci...but He had her and us prepared for just the right time for one another. It's just so miraculous. Can't wait for you to experience it, too!

Love, Cher