Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged like 2 weeks ago by Kerrie, so now I am finally getting around to it. I am telling 8 interesting or unique things about myself then tagging 8 others if they so choose to rise to the challenge. Kerrie is an adoption buddy of mine in PA. check out her blog - she seems to be enjoying her summer break from school. Well, here goes mine...

1)Summer is my favorite season because I can do some of my favorite activities like swimming and skiing. I love the water - you can't keep me out of it!! Here's me having my fun>>


2) Call me crazy, but I love my paying job. (Yes, I love being mostly a stay at home mom too). But, I really have fun taking care of my patients and having a good time doing it.

3)I am quite michevious. More so in my younger years than now but I still love watching/taking part in a good prank. I was "had" in San Francisco when I was walking down the sidewalk, minding my own business, eating a yummy bowl of chowder in a bread bowl when all of a sudden a guy "dressed" as a bush jumped out at me. It was a continuous prank to all passerbys but I had to laugh - yes this was in the touristy part of town.

4)Really random fact - the first time I ever went out of the country, I landed on the dry dirt of a land called Djibouti. - Yes, it's a real country where I worked as a surgical nurse when I was 20.

5) Speaking of that summer - I turned 21 in Somalia -that very day I was evacuated to Kenya. That situation has given me interesting stories to recount.

6) Bringing it back home...I married the boy that lived behind our next door neighbor. That's pretty close enough right? I have known Erik since high school although we did not start seeing each other for a few years later. I always kept my eye on him!!

7) My daughter was born in France. It was pretty similar to the states except in the US you don't get a full bottle of Evian for each ONE ibuprofen you are given afterwards.

8)I have Hazel eyes. Most would say brown - BUT NO!! Get up close and see - I can wear green and they brighten up. Don't ever call them brown!

Okay,now who to tag?? Katy (who needs some stuff), Laura, Terri, E-Rob, Mentanna, Carol, Amy and my SIL Cherilyn.

4 comments:

mandt said...

Yikes, I'm tagged. I don't know if I can come up with 8 interesting things. Can I copy yours? : )

Unknown said...

You've led an interesting life. I'd love to hear about all your travels and mission trips. We have HUGE hearts for both, and hope that more opportunities will come in the future.

I have hazel eyes too. MUCH more interesting than just brown, right?

The bush story is too funny!

Mimi said...

OHHH..I hope I never called your eyes brown...I think I have...I WILL not do it again! You ARE a very interesting DIL! Glad to have you in the family!!!

Angela and Jay said...

Wow, you've been to so many neat places! It was great to see you at FF and we hope to see you again soon!!