Friday, July 20, 2007

Rain, rain go away...




I hate to complain about all the rain because 3 weeks ago I was complaining of the lack of. Our grass was brown and dry, towns canceled their Fourth of July fireworks, I hardly have any summer flowers because of the early summer drought. Now, I just wish it would give us a break and move on. My son stares out the window and we have the same conversation each day in his cute little toddler talk. Caleb says "outside" - "No honey we can't go outside it's raining" - "water" - "Yes, the rain is water" - "pool?" - No honey we can't go to the pool either because it's raining." It's so pathetic. The kids made the best of it today and danced in the rain. In one picture, Caleb is showing me the rain!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet photos. Caleb's hair looks so "light" and almost like Strawberry blonde in those photos. Must be all that sun and chlorine...?!

Love, Aunt Cherilyn

Nina said...

Christine,

Your blog is very nice. Thank you for the squish. I will have yours in the mail very soon. How did you get a ticker on your blog?

-Nina

Mimi said...

I love the photos, too! I am sorry they are not getting "pool time", but thankful for the rain..maybe this week there will be more sunshine!

mandt said...

Cute pictures! We're getting a little tired of the rain too. Doesn't feel like a drought does it? Congrats on having 8 months of the wait behind you (as of tomorrow)!