Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Blankie Makeover


When Caleb was born, I made him a tag blanket that to my delight he attached to. Well, the problem was that he only liked one particular tag on it and in two years, he has worn it to threads. In order to "fix" the ribbon issue, I would have to take apart his whole blanket, insert new ribbons and sew it back up. This could only be done after he went to sleep not requesting his "de-de" as he calls it for some reason.

So I finally did it last night. It took two attempts to retrieve the blanket from him so not as to wake him. I had everything ready to go by the sewing machine to make it quick as possible. I decided to keep a few of the old ribbons (including his favorite) and put in several of the type he likes which was the large satin. You can kinda see the very worn ribbon on the bottom right of the blankie in the picture.

Well the results are in. He did not reject it as slightly feared. But, he has still only rubbed the old tag and not the nice soft new ones. Oh well, maybe after it falls off he will resort to one of the others.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the little tag blanket idea! You are crafty!

Hope to see you soon!

jrob said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Cher