Thursday, August 23, 2007

A little busy lately

I've wanted to post a few things for some time now and just haven't had the time to sit and do it all. A few weeks ago I started full time night shift so my husband could quit his job and look for another. I am back in the CCU and it has really been fun to do some "hard core" nursing. Thankfully Erik found another one quickly and will start next week. But, I am committed for a while longer at mine so we will just enjoy the double income for a little bit. When he left that job however, we had to give up both our cars because we got them through his work - so now we are double car shopping - sounds REALLY fun huh? Unfortunately he also gave up a sizable contribution towards the adoption by his former employer. Oh well, it will be provided somehow. I can always raffle off Ipods right Hayley?
Alexia started school as I have posted, we had a double birthday party for her and Caleb (another thing I haven't posted about). This past weekend we had grandparents visit from Florida which was fun.
Then Monday my sister that lives in Holland calls me and tells me she found out she is expecting TWINS!!! So now I know I gotta stash some money aside to go help take care of them all when the babies come. You have to hop over to her site, she's got a cute little boy who will be two tomorrow. (Yes, us two sisters have little boys 5 days apart.) And he is super silly like his momma!
On top of all that - somewhere within the past 2 weeks or so I reached my goal of 100 quilt squares received for our Good Wishes Quilt. I actually have more than that now! I need to really catch up on our quilt blog - I am SO behind - that's' my next project I guess!
I am still here, I am just a little overloaded for the time being trying to keep all the balls in the air. Keep checking in!

7 comments:

Cher said...

So much has happened the past few months and the Lord is just pouring out His blessings on you. He has shown His faithfulness. We are so happy with you for all the "looking up" things going on...such a contrast from just last month.
Praying as He continues to provide every step to the adoption. It will be exciting to see how He keeps following through every step of your way.
--Psalm 73

Unknown said...

So much is going on in your life. Angela and I were just wondering how you are today.

Congrats to Erik on his new job!!!

Best of luck with car shopping.

Congrats to your sis on the twins, and to you for reaching 100 squares.

Angie said...

OHH twins! How fun! I just checked out her blog and saw their little ultrasound pictures. I can't imagine how surprised they were! Congrats to them!
I'm glad you are enjoying your job and that your hubby found a new one so quickly!

Mimi said...

Love the cartoon picture~You are doing a great job, and YOU only have 2 hands!

Emily said...

I am an aunt to twins, too, and it is so much fun! Especially watching my brother and his wife take care of them. ;)

mandt said...

Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy! Congrats on your sister's twins and Erik's new job. Mark started a new job in Jan so I know how the transition can sometimes be challenging. Good luck car shopping and congrats on having 9 months of the wait behind you!

Angela and Jay said...

Wow, you've been busy! Hope to see you at the next FF. Take care and keep posting!