Monday, August 13, 2007

Oh the Tears!




Well, a big day has come in our family. Our oldest Alexia has gone off to kindergarten. She was so excited this morning I was perfectly able to hold up until her ride came. She was already warned and knew full well to expect tears from me, so I didn't try to be stoic. Erik asked her what she was most excited about and she replied "giving my teachers their apples." It was something she thought of to do for them and picked out two perfect apples at the store yesterday! Here are some of her sweet pictures.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

My eyes are watering too! My first grandchild off to kindergarten! She looks so grown up...can't wait to hear her stories of what happens at school!

Katy said...

Hey sis, thanks alot, even I got teary-eyed from just the poem. Alexia looks so grown up and I can't wait to hear the stories that will be coming about school in the days to come :-)

Cher said...

Praying it's a special day for all of you. I'm so glad she was excited!
So sweet about the apples.

Love, Aunt Cherilyn

Unknown said...

I bet that was hard. How sweet that Alexia took her teacher an apple! Hope she has a great first week!

mandt said...

She looks so pretty for her first day! Logan started 4th grade today and Nathan starts K Sept. 4th. I always get emotional.

K. said...

She looks so adorable and excited! Your post was so sweet, and as a teacher, it was very touching to read how she was most excited about giving her teachers their apples. It touched me because she is the kind of student all teachers feel blessed to teach- the kind who thinks about others before herself. Her teachers are going to adore her. I hope she adores school as well!

Emily said...

She is very cute! I love the red hair, I'm hoping our girl has the same color. :)