Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shopping Day

I met a friend at a mall this morning. It was kind of far for shopping, but she was giving me all her maternity clothes, so it was worth it. Anyway, the kids hung in there for the shopping part and we finally went into the long awaited store for Alexia. (drumroll please...) The American Girl Store. For the past five months, she has been working on earning a doll for her birthday so this was more than Disney World to her at this point. She oohed and ahhed over almost every one of them. I have to say I was very proud that she held her tongue asking for each overpriced item on the spot. But, I will say I have never heard so many promises come out of her mouth in 20 minutes time!!! I had not been into one of these stores before and it was quite the baby doll overkill for me. I picked up the newest catalogue for her to gaze at everyday. So between that and going to the new movie this weekend, I hope she will make good on some of her promises (clean room without asking is the main one).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if we're still up this way as my girls get older...you'll have to come up and the girl cousins and go to the official American Doll headquarters in Chicago. That's the "Disney World" of IL for the little girls around in these parts...

Cher

Anonymous said...

I meant American Girl..not American Doll. hee. hee.
I can just see Alexia gawking at all the goodies... I'd love to hear those promises...
cute.
Aunt Cherilyn

Mimi said...

Better start a birthday "wish list" for her...birthday will be here before we know it!