Sunday, May 18, 2014

The week between

As mentioned in a previous post, there is always something you are waiting for in the course of adoption.  After we received the fabulous news that we had Travel Approval, we just had to wait on the confirmation that we had an appointment with the American Consulate in China.  Seems easy enough right?  I mean after all the paperwork and government documents we have filled out, to schedule an appointment with a fellow American couldn't be too hard.  It turned out to be a little more agonizing than we anticipated.  We had to wait 5 long days with emails and phone calls on our behalf by our agency.  By Wednesday morning I was getting unsure that we would be able to travel when we were hoping.  But, finally it came, we booked our tickets to fly out exactly a week later.  

Whoo-hoo!!  Three days from now we will be on our way to the other side of the world.

So, in this time, I have packed mine and Maisie's suitcase, 
notarized more forms to take to China, 
notarized forms to leave with grandparents for kids. 
 Cleaned out my closets, drawers, 
Washed my car interior and vacuumed (very important before leaving on a long trip - can we say "nesting").  Returned all the library books and videos (I can't take that $2.00 a day video fine).  
Shopping trips to Target, Wal-Mart, clothing stores, drug stores.  
Finished up all the work at hand with our Cub Scout pack, 
Attempted to finish my kids home school review (my appointment is the week after we return)
  Writing out all possible numbers of friends that will be helping out with the kids
  Writing out schedules and menus 
 I get a happy moment when my fellow adopting friends (that I have never met) message me about meeting up in China. 
In the chaos, I got to take in a few games in which it will be the last that I will get to watch my kids play their spring sports.  I will miss not being there for Caleb's last few games and about 1/4 of Alexia's softball season.   It's all good though and one week from tomorrow we will have our Maisie in hand and all the chaos will be worth it 100 fold. 
   

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Beyond excited..Thank you, Lord for giving Christine the time and energy and grace to wait and accomplish what has needed to be done!