Thursday, May 8, 2014

Waiting

What time is it?  How much longer until we go?

     I hate not knowing what time it is.  I have to know how much time until things are going to happen.  Unfortunately I have passed this quirk on to my son.  He has to know what is happening, at exactly what time and how many more minutes are left, then he starts the verbal countdown (we have to leave in 10 minutes).
  Adoption is pretty much synonymous with waiting.  However, the difference is, you don't know where you are in the timing of the figurative adoption line.  It would be redundant to list all the processes you wait for again and again.   Right now, we are in the final phase of waiting (well, pre-China at least.)  Referral is secure, visas are issued, meds and shots are done and even packing has commenced.  We are waiting for China to give our agency the green light to send us over.   This is like being 40 weeks pregnant, going into labor, hospital bags are packed and everything is ready to go...but you have to get insurance approval before you leave for the hospital.  So, now you are on hold with someone in another country waiting for them to tell you when to go.  I know, that's a crazy analogy, but that's where I'm at.  I am half crazy myself because of all this waiting.  I have nested, shopped, cooked ahead and yesterday I busted my thigh tearing up the stairs to catch my phone hoping it was our agency calling.  (I've never been so disappointed to hear my sister's voice).  
   A friend yesterday told me this is her "building the ark" phase as she waits for the rain to come down.  I wish I had that grace.  Some days are better than others.  I am thankful for the time I have for a few more preparations here and there.  BUT, I'd just rather have Maisie home with us and get this family going.  

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Praying grace pours down.... all around.....Can't imagine being in YOUR shoes! ! Pray you are sleeping soundly now...